asensei downloads your next 3 scheduled workouts automatically, so that they are ready for you whenever you need to workout. You can also manually download individual workouts when you wish to try something other than the workouts from your program.
Very rarely it can seem like your asensei workouts are not downloading successfully and the download progress bar can take a while to complete. This article will try to explain what's going on and what to do in that event.
First steps to try when asensei downloads are not completing
When your download seems to be taking a while you should check the following:
- Make sure you have a good internet connection, WiFi is usually preferrable.
- Don't sign out and in again (at least not yet) as asensei will then restart the download process for all workouts and data, so any progress made previously will be lost and you'll be starting from scratch.
- Check you have storage available on your phone. If your storage is approaching full then the asensei workouts may not be able to download. The workouts vary in size, from about 40MB to as much as 250MB (we're working to reduce these larger files). Read more about freeing up storage in the asensei rowing app.
- Try turning off your VPN. If you are using a VPN try turning that off as (rarely) they can be slow or cause issues. Note that asensei will normally work with a VPN just fine.
- Leave the app open and in the foreground, so don't switch to another app.
- Be patient! Some of the workouts are quite large, so it can take some time, especially if you have recently signed in. The 3 scheduled workouts may be downloading in parallel, for example if you switch programs, so the download bar on the Up Next screen may only progress slowly on a slow connection, or if the asensei severs are unusually heavily loaded.
asensei will continue to attempt to download workouts so long as the app is active and in the foreground so the last step - be patient and keep the app open in the foreground - may be the most important.
Additional steps to take when asensei downloads won't complete
If you have tried the suggestions above but problems persist, then it may also be worth trying some or all of the following steps:
- Kill the asensei app (not just close it). From the Home Screen or inside an app, swipe up from the screen's bottom and hold. You will see all open apps and their preview. Swipe horizontally to find the app you wish to close. Finally, swipe up the app card to force quit it.
- Turn off your devices WiFi then turn it back on again, this can help reset problematic connections.
- Try your downloads in a different room so your device is physically closer to the WiFi router/basestation to give a stronger signal.
- Try a different network to download - if you have a different WiFi network available try that, if you are able to use mobile data try that (but please be aware that mobile data can be costly).
- Reset your wireless router and/or basetation. Turn it off and on again - you'll generally need to wait a few moments for it to reboot).
- Power off your phone and then restart it again.
After each of these steps you'll need to open up the app again and see if the downloads are progressing. Sign in to the app again and be patient as all data needs to download after a sign-in since all local data has been wiped from your phone.
Contact us if you can't resolve the downloading issue
And if none of the above works then please send your logs to email@example.com along with as much supporting information about the issue as you have:
- Has this happened before while using asensei (or any other app)?
- Has something changed in your home network recently?
- are you using WiFi or mobile to download?
- Do you use a VPN?
To send logs hit the Hey asensei [+] button in the bottom left of the Up Next screen, then choose My asensei, then scroll down and choose Send diagnostics.
Please sign in to leave a comment.