From app build 1.15.0 (currently in Beta testing) asensei supports connection to WaterRower rowing machines that support Bluetooth. This means that great indoor rowing workouts and training programs from asensei's coaches such as Eric Murray, Dark Horse Rowing and Johan Quie are now available for WaterRower users for the first time. Read on to learn how to connect.
Which WaterRowers are compatible with asensei
Only Bluetooth equipped WaterRowers work with asensei. In practice this means that you must have a WaterRower with an S4 Performance Monitor and a ComModule installed.
If you have a WaterRower with an S4 monitor and would like to purchase a ComModule to add Bluetooth functionality to your rowing machine you can do so here:
- USA - https://www.waterrower.com/ca/commodule.html
- UK - https://www.waterrower.co.uk/commodule
- Germany - https://www.nohrd.com/de/waterrower-com-module.html
- Others: https://www.nohrd.com/de/chose-country/
How To connect to a WaterRower with a ComModule
asensei looks for a Bluetooth connection after you start your workout. When you reach the connection video asensei will display SCANNING FOR... on screen and will start to look for a suitable Bluetooth enabled rowing machine that is advertising.
Note that we are currently Beta testing the WaterRower connection to asensei and the current connection video only gives instructions for connecting to a Concept2 rowing machine, a future update will address this.
To make your WaterRower S4 Performance Monitor with ComModule console ready to connect you should do the following:
1. Turn the S4 Performance Monitor on using the Power button.
2. Press the button on the top of the ComModule which should flash Blue to indicate it is advertising (ready to connect).
The rowing machine will now be visible to asensei and should connect automatically. Once the connection is established the workout will progress.
If your WaterRower does not connect then try the following:
- Press the button on the top of the ComModule again and check that it flashes blue. If the light does not turn on you may need to charge the ComModule via the supplied USB cable, which requires you to detach it from your S4 Performance Monitor.
- The CREW X ASENSEI FAST FRIDAY workout in the free trial program will not progress when you reach the 500m race segment at the end of the workout. You must tap the screen and hit Stop to end your workout.
- The ASENSEI CHALLENGE workout does not display your distance progress on the screen as you workout.
- Note that while we are Beta testing the WaterRower connection to asensei the instructional connection video at the start of each workout only gives instructions for connecting to a Concept2 rowing machine. A future update will address this.
- Various workouts talk about Concept 2 specific features, but the workouts should be fully functional.