If you've been asked to install the latest firmware onto your Senpai Modules please follow the instructions below and if you have any problems contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Install the nRF Toolbox App
On your iPhone or iPad open the App Store app and search for "nRF Toolbox" and install the app:
Get the firmware files
You have two modules to update. It is important to use the correct firmware for the correct module..
You'll see on the back of each module it's labelled as either Pants or Shirt. You will be installing the appropriate file to the matching module. The files are clearly named as follows:
Install the firmware onto the modules
1. You should have received an email with the above files as attachments. (If you haven't the files are attached to this page, you can download them and email them to yourself - we strongly recommend emailing them to yourself or asking us at email@example.com to email them to you. Having the files available in email is a much easier process to follow and is described below).
From here on we will talk about installing the SHIRT firmware - you'll need to install the shirt firmware on the shirt module first and repeat the instructions from here for the pants module.
2. Open the email with the firmware files, and tap on the SHIRT file.
3.Tap on the share button at the top right.
4. Find the nRF Toolbox app in the share - it may be under the More button at the right hand side.
5. The nRF Toolbox app will open on the DFU screen. Tap the Connect button.
5. Plug in the Shirt module to the USB power connector using any standard USB mains power adapter so that the module is powered on. It will flash red (if it is not fully charged) or go to solid red (if it is fully charged). Press and hold the button (with the asensei logo) until it briefly flashes blue. It will then flash alternately red and blue.
6. You should see a new device appear in the scanning list on the nRF Toolbox app.
The text for the device will be "bm" then a 3 digit number and then "ub" (for the SHIRT - ub is upper body) or "lb" (for the PANTS - lb is lower body). Choose the device on the list when it shows up.
7. You should see the select package screen with the appropriate file there. (If you've been through the procedure before there may be duplicate files - just choose one paying attention to choosing Shirt or Pants depending on which module you are installing.
8. You should now see the ready for update screen. Check that the firmware info matches the device (SHIRT with bmxxxub and PANTS with bmxxxlb). Then tap the update button.
9. After tapping 'Update' you should see 'connecting' and then 'updating' with progress towards 100%. The light on the module should turn solid blue. Let the update finish completely and don't touch anything until it is complete and the light on the module returns to flashing red or solid red.
10. Once complete, wait for the light on the module to finish flashing and eventually return to red and then turn off. IMPORTANT - wait for the module lights to turn off fully before unplugging.
11. When the lights on the module have turned off you can unplug the module and repeat for the pants module.
We are here to help you. If you run into problems or the instructions above don't match what you are seeing, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly jump on a call with you to help you through the process.
If the firmware update fails you can press the button on the module for more than 7 seconds and it will flash purple and you can try to install the firmware again.
Firmware files are attached here. If you want to you can download from here and install directly into the nRF Toolbox app. Downloading from here you'll have to adapt the instructions above for getting the files into the nRF Toolbox app or just email them to yourself to follow the instructions above.