The rowing machine appears to connect but the screen goes black, no video is displayed and the workout doesn't progress
This issue can occur under the following circumstances:
- start a workout
- you go through the connection steps and the rowing machine monitor appears to connect
- the screen goes black
- music (if you have it switched on) continues to play
When this happens the rowing machine is actually connected, it is not a Bluetooth or a connection issue. This is a bug in iOS where the Voice Over feature that asensei uses for instructions doesn't start up correctly. It is believed that this is due to setting up the iPhone from an old back up over the air which doesn't correctly load a voice into your phone.
In order to try to fix this issue try the following:
- Kill the asensei app by double tapping the home button and then swiping the asensei up off the top of the screen.
- Go into settings -> accessibility -> speech
- Tap on voice. You should see a long list of names (voices).
- Download one or two voices and select one of them and then go back out of speech.
- Come back into speech and select Samantha.
- Open the asensei app, run a workout and connect to the PM5.
This should get you past the connection and blank screen and into the workout. If this is not successful please contact firstname.lastname@example.org