The latest Beta Version of the asensei app release notes are detailed below. Please be aware that when using a Beta build there is a higher chance of issues such as crashes or data corruption. The Beta build will sometimes be the same as the latest release version in the appstore depending upon the release schedule.
For more information about joining the Beta Crew and gaining access to the Beta Builds please see: Join the Beta Crew
Testflight Beta Release Notes 1.17.0
The post-workout sharing screen is now more consistent with the entries in the Concept 2 Logbook.
- The first workout stats card now displays only the 'active rowing' part of the workout and doesn't include rests, warmups or cooldowns. This means it reflects the 'performance' part of your workout rather than the overall session. This is consistent with the Concept 2 workout summary.
- TIME - duration of your rowing during the active rowing part of a workout
- AVE SPLIT TIME - your average split time during the active rowing part of a workout
- DISTANCE (M) - distance rowed during the active rowing part of a workout
- CALORIES - calories burned during the active rowing part of your workout.
- Overall session details are still captured and broken out on a second stats card.
- OVERALL TIME is the total duration rowed in the workout, including active rowing and rowing during rest periods, warmups and cooldowns.
- OVERALL DISTANCE is the total distance rowed in the workout, including active rowing and rowing during rest periods, warmups and cooldowns.
- REST TIME - is the time rowed during your workout, but excluding the active rowing - so this is your time spent in warmups, cooldowns and rowing in rest periods.
- REST DISTANCE - is the distance rowed during your workout, but excluding the active rowing - so this is your time spent in warmups, cooldowns and rowing in rest periods.
- A third stats card shows some additional stats for your session. These are for the active rowing part of the workout only, not for the rests, warmups or cooldowns.
- AVERAGE STROKE RATE
- STROKE COUNT
- CALORIES PER HOUR
- AVERAGE WATTS
- A 4th stats card is similar to the first stats card, showing details of the active rowing, but displays drag factor instead of calories.
Note that you may still see some discrepancies between the data shown on these cards and the PM5 since asensei does not reset the PM5 at the start or the end of a workout session. asensei does not capture any meters/time rowed outside a workout, even if the app is open.
COMING SOON - CONCEPT 2 LOGBOOK RANKING
The app is now capable of ranking certain qualifying workouts in the Concept 2 Logbook - however this feature is not yet active. Ranking means that your row will be listed in the season's best times for that distance/time.
There are currently a number of limitations to this feature.
- Only the workouts that asensei defines as ranking sessions will be ranked in the Concept 2 Logbook. At the time of writing none of the publically available workouts have been configured to allow ranking in the Concept 2 Logbook, so you will not yet see any of your workouts rank. Over time asensei intend to make certain key workouts rankable.
- Rankable workouts will not be flagged as verified.
- Rankable workouts will ONLY log the the data from the ranking event (e.g. a 2000m row), they will not log the warmup and rest rowing performed during that workout. This is due to limitations in the Concept 2 Logbook where ranking pieces must be Fixed Distance/Time sessions.