The Concept 2 PM5 firmware is regularly updated. We strongly recommend keeping your PM5 on the latest version for the best experience. In particular, old versions of the firmware can mean that the PM5 is more prone to disconnect from your phone and be unable to reconnect.
To check your PM5 firmware version press MENU, then from the menu that appears choose MORE OPTIONS using the buttons on the right, then UTILITIES, then PRODUCT ID. You'll see a screen like the one below. You need to note both the Firmware and the Hardware Versions.
The most recent version of the firmware depends upon the version of the hardware:
|HW Version||Latest Firmware Version|
|lower than 600||Version 31 (released Sept 2020)|
|600 or higher||Version 169 (released Sept 2020)|
If your version is lower than the relevant number in the table above then you should upgrade the firmware in the PM5.
To upgrade the firmware requires that you can install the Concept 2 Utility on a Windows PC or a Mac. You also need either a USB memory stick or a USB A to USB B cable (similar to that used on printers). Note, if you don't have access to these please get in touch with asensei by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help by providing a USB stick with the latest firmware preloaded for you to use.
The Concept 2 utility can be downloaded from: https://www.concept2.com/service/monitors/pm5/firmware and that page also includes detailed instructions for making the update from either a USB stick or a USB cable.
The instructions for installing from a USB stick are reproduced below:
Important - please check battery level is not low before attempting to install the firmware.
- If your USB flash drive is currently inserted in your computer, remove it before proceeding.
- On your computer, connect to the internet, and then launch the Concept2 Utility.
- Click Update Firmware.
- Insert the USB flash drive into your computer. If you have not previously used this USB flash drive with a PM5 or with the Concept2 Utility, enter a user name when prompted and click Ok.
- The Concept2 Utility automatically copies the PM5 firmware files to the USB flash drive. When the file copy is complete, take the steps indicated on the Concept2 Utility:
- Insert the USB flash drive into the PM5.
- Power up the PM5 and wait for the prompts.
- When prompted, select Update Now twice to start the update.
More info about the other options.
The update takes several minutes, and the PM5 displays “update in progress” messages during this time. The update is complete when the PM5 displays the Main Menu. You can then do your workout or take the USB flash drive to another PM5 that needs updating.
If you experience any problems, please let us know via email@example.com.